Engineering Manager, Risk & Reliability (all genders)
RemoteBerlin, Berlin, GermanyTechnology
We are the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace and give travelers seamless access to ground transportation online, from search to ticket purchase. We have built a cutting-edge B2B technology platform that connects bus, rail, and ferry operators in 70+ countries with the biggest online retailers, including Google Maps and Booking.com.
We are shaping the future of travel and building the largest global network of transport providers and retailers. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are one of the fastest-growing startups in travel. Backed by three leading VCs (Creandum, Northzone, and Lightrock), and now, following our recent €30m Series B funding, we are ready to push beyond.
We are looking for a Risk & Reliability Engineering Manager to help our scaling efforts by taking responsibility for establishing the whole security framework in the company and by taking ownership in robust security processes for new and existing partners (Google Maps, Booking.com and others). You will also lead a team of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers and be part of the Distribusion leadership team and report to our VP of Engineering.
What you will do:
- Take ownership in boosting Distribusion’s maturity in risk and security management.
- Strengthen our relationship with partners such as Google Maps, Booking.com and others on security topics.
- Create robust security audit solutions tailored specifically for the company's needs.
- Design, optimize and execute onboarding and offboarding solutions.
- Create a repository of internal policies, keeping them updated through an established process, and implementing a robust knowledge sharing mechanism.
- Construct an internal development platform for managing services and applications that is fully operational.
- Lead a team of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineers.
We are mainly looking for this role based within Germany, preferably in our HQ in Berlin.
We are a remote-first company, with teams around the Globe and our HQ office in Berlin, where the team often meets in the office.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced People leader who has managed cross functional teams in the past (5+ engineers).
- Proven experience in DevOps / Site Reliability Engineering (5-7+ years).
- Strong experience with running microservices in Kubernetes and hosted in Clouds (preferably Google Cloud).
- Experience in implementation of security architecture frameworks (TOGAF, SABSA, O-ESA, OSA) and obtaining industry recognized certifications (Cyber Essential Plus or alternatives).
- Experience in setting up IDPS solutions with proactive detection and prevention.
- Cloud platforms: Google cloud (very preferable)
- Languages: Python (or any other scripting languages for processes automation)
- Database: PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Messaging and caching: Kafka, Redis
- Project management: Jira
- You are driven, ambitious, and willing to get hands-on in shaping the future of ground transportation travel.
- You show ownership and responsibility of your problem space.
- You are fluent in English, both verbal and written.
What you can expect:
You will join a fast-paced travel tech company and take on a rapidly growing industry.
You will take on ownership and responsibility from day one and have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We value agility! We’re constantly updating our tech stack and offer the best possible tools to ensure all of our in-house engineers, partners, and carriers benefit from cutting-edge, efficient solutions.
You will work with global companies. Our product attracts the biggest names in travel technology, such as Booking.com, Google Maps, and national carriers like Amtrak, Deutsche Bahn, Renfe, and SNCF.
As part of the management team, you will shape our strategy and organization beyond your area of responsibility.
You will join an international team of talented and driven people with a clear mission. Expect your colleagues to inspire, support, and challenge you every day!
We offer flexible and remote working conditions, relocation opportunities, and career growth in a small and developing company.
Our hiring team for this role:
Your Talent Partner (TP) is Ceren Volkan, and the Hiring Manager (HM) is Ilya Isakov.
For any questions, you can contact us at (email@example.com).
Do you want to work on a product that is used by millions of people daily with a high load, availability and scalability, and most advanced technology? Come join us!