(Senior) Product Manager - Payments (all genders)
Berlin, Berlin, GermanyProduct
Distribusion is the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace and gives travelers seamless access to ground transportation online, from search to ticket purchase. We have built a cutting-edge B2B technology platform that connects bus, rail, and ferry operators in 70+ countries with the biggest online retailers, including Google Maps and Booking.com.
We are shaping the future of travel and building the largest global network of transport providers and retailers. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are one of the fastest-growing startups in travel. Backed by three leading VCs (Creandum, Northzone, and Lightrock), and now, following our recent €30 m Series B, we are ready to push beyond.
As the (Senior) Product Manager (all genders) for our White Label team, your mission is to elevate our Payments functionality to new heights! This cutting-edge tool is the go-to for our partners, enabling users to effortlessly discover, book, and manage ground transportation tickets. You'll be diving into settlements, accounting, and profit-driven elements, focusing on creating a smoother and more efficient experience for both clients and internal stakeholders.
What you will do:
Timely and High-Quality Delivery of Roadmap: Ensure the successful and timely delivery of the product roadmap by collaborating with cross-functional teams and stakeholders. This includes:
Achieve on-time delivery of planned iterations and releases, meeting or exceeding project milestones.
Maintain a backlog of well-defined and prioritized user stories that align with customer needs and business goals.
Minimize scope changes and rework through effective communication and requirement validation.
Stakeholder Alignment: Establish strong communication channels with stakeholders and ensure a shared understanding of product vision, progress, and timelines. This includes:
Build and maintain trust-based relationships with stakeholders by providing clear, structured, and consistent communication.
Proactively address stakeholder concerns and manage expectations to ensure alignment with the product roadmap.
Monitor and analyze key product and team KPIs to identify opportunities for enhancement.
Utilize data insights to prioritize features and improvements that have the highest impact on user satisfaction and business goals.
Implement iterative development practices, adjusting priorities and features based on real-time feedback and changing market conditions
We are mainly looking for this role to be based within Germany, preferably in our HQ in Berlin.
We are a remote-first company, with teams located around the Globe and our HQ office in Berlin, where the team often meets in the office.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in fintech, specifically in the payment domain (e.g., e-commerce integration, payment provider, payment engine, fraud prevention).
- Data-driven decision-making: Proficiency in using data and analytics to make informed decisions, monitor KPIs, and identify areas for product improvement.
- Technical Acumen: Understanding the technical aspects of the product domain, enabling effective translation of requirements into actionable tasks for the development team."
- Have user-centric thinking: Ability to empathize with users, understand their needs, and prioritize features based on their value and impact
- Strong communicator: You possess verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey the product vision, requirements, and updates to both the development team and stakeholders
- Know Agile Methodology: You are proficient in Agile methodologies (particularly Scrum) to manage iterative development, prioritize work, and respond to changing requirements
- Hands-on with user story writing: You are able to break down complex features into clear and concise user stories that capture user needs, acceptance criteria, and business value
- Technically savvy: You understand the technical aspects of the product domain, allowing effective translation of requirements into actionable tasks for the development team
- Problem-Solving approach: You are able to identify and address challenges that arise during product development, find creative solutions, and make timely adjustments
- Adaptability: You are willing to embrace change and adapt to evolving user needs, market trends, and business priorities
As a plus:
- Experience with B2C products is a plus.
What you can expect:
You will join a fast-paced travel tech company and take on a rapidly growing industry
You will take on ownership and responsibility from day one and have a direct impact on the success of the company
We value agility! We’re constantly updating our tech stack and offer the best possible tools to ensure all of our in-house engineers, partners, and carriers benefit from cutting-edge, efficient solutions
You will work with global companies. Our product attracts the biggest names in travel technology, such as Booking.com, and Google Maps, and national carriers like Amtrak, Deutsche Bahn, Renfe, and SNCF
You will join an international team of talented and driven people with a clear mission. Expect your colleagues to inspire, support, and challenge you every day!
We offer flexible and remote working conditions, relocation opportunities, and career growth in a small and developing company
Our hiring process for this role:
Your Talent Partner (TP) and point of contact is Natalie Bargamon, and the Hiring Manager (HM) is Francesc Ferre.
For any queries, please contact your Talent Partner at (firstname.lastname@example.org).