Senior Ruby Engineer, Integrations (all genders)
RemoteBerlin, Berlin, GermanyTechnology
Distribusion is the world’s leading ground transportation marketplace and gives travelers seamless access to ground transportation online, from search to ticket purchase. We have built a cutting-edge B2B technology platform that connects bus, rail, and ferry operators in 70+ countries with the biggest online retailers, including Google Maps and Booking.com.
We are shaping the future of travel and building the largest global network of transport providers and retailers. Having grown 10x in the past year, we are one of the fastest-growing startups in travel. Backed by three leading VCs (Creandum, Northzone, and Lightrock), and now, following our recent €30 m Series B, we are ready to push beyond.
We are looking for Ruby Software Engineers to help us with our scaling effort of integrating new carriers onto the platform and improving existing integrations.
What you will do:
- Deliver high-quality Ruby code for new carrier integrations.
- Manage and orchestrate a large number of microservices.
- Understand, plan, and execute maintenance of existing integrations.
- Lead and actively participate in efforts on systems architecture initiatives.
- Improve test coverage and quality of deliverables.
- Improve and create internal tools and libraries.
- Mentoring and guiding other team members.
- Actively participate in scaling the engineering team.
Berlin or Remote
We are a remote-first international company with team members spread around the world. We are looking to hire the best talent around the Globe, so wherever you are, feel free to reach out.
If, however, you prefer working onsite/hybrid, our heart is in Berlin, one of the biggest and most vibrant tech hubs in Europe, and we are happy to assist with relocation.
Who you are:
- You have extensive experience (5-7+ years) as a software engineer and can contribute from day one
- You have experience working with Ruby projects recently
- Hands on experience with planning and improving observability and monitoring processes
- Experience with Grafana/Prometheus is a plus
- Experience in conducting technical recruitment interviews (nice to have)
- Test-driven development
- Extensive experience integrating external APIs
- Deep understanding of distributed systems principles
- Experience working with microservices and/or service oriented architecture
- Experience creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Deep understanding of Kubernetes from a software engineering perspective
- Experience working with public cloud providers (GCP is preferred)
- In-depth understanding of relational and non-relational databases principles
- Hands-on experience in designing robust REST APIs
- You have and can lead technical initiatives
- You are fluent in English, both verbal and written
A view into our Tech stack:
- Languages: Ruby
- Cloud platforms: GCP
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redis, Elastic
- Testing: TDD
- CI/CD: kubernetes, docker, circleci
- Messaging and caching: Varnish, HAproxy, Nginx
- Project management: Jira
What you can expect:
You will join a fast-paced travel tech company and take on a rapidly growing industry.
You will take on ownership and responsibility from day one and have a direct impact on the success of the company.
We value agility! We’re constantly updating our tech stack and offer the best possible tools to ensure all of our in-house engineers, partners, and carriers benefit from cutting-edge, efficient solutions.
You will work with global companies. Our product attracts the biggest names in travel technology, such as Booking.com, Google Maps, and national carriers like Amtrak, Deutsche Bahn, Renfe, and SNCF.
You will join an international team of talented and driven people with a clear mission. Expect your colleagues to inspire, support and challenge you every day!
We offer flexible and remote working conditions, relocation opportunities, and career growth in a small and developing company.
Our hiring team:
Your Talent Partner (TP) and point of contact is Bogdan Codorean and the Hiring Manager (HM) is Przemysław Świercz.
For any queries, please reach out to your Talent Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to work on a product that is used by millions of people daily with a high load, availability and scalability and most advanced technology? Come join us!